We believe that communicating and engaging with our local population is key to achieving our vision.
We do this by ensuring our public and stakeholders are at the centre of decisions that shape healthcare services, from planning to delivery.
As a commissioner, it’s really important we listen to local people to find out what services residents need and to ensure their needs are met, and to ensure that we have a true understanding of what people feel is important. Our aim is to be clear, focused and involve residents, patients, carers, member GP practices, staff, the voluntary sector and partner organisations in our communications and engagement.
Achieving our aim will be influenced by how well we engage, listen and act on the feedback from our whole community.
NHS Surrey Heartlands CCG Engagement Log
Our engagement log below provides a summary of how we are engaging with our citizens and local communities to improve health, care and outcomes for local people, linked to the eleven key priorities we have set out in our Operating Plan.
Current engagement and consultation programmes taking place across Surrey Heartlands
|(all details including how to share your views can be found on the NHS South West London CCG website)|
Recent engagement programmes
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies in Surrey Heartlands
- Surrey Patient Transport Service Procurement
- Emotional wellbeing and mental health service for children and young people
- Improving Healthcare Together
- pdf End of Life Care: Engagement on our strategy - outcome report (285 KB)
- pdf Attitudes to Flu Vaccination (2020) - outcome report (892 KB)
- Covid-19 Impact Survey (August 2020) - results of a survey commissioned by Surrey County Council and Surrey Heartlands