We believe that communicating and engaging with our local population is key to achieving our vision.
We do this by ensuring our public and stakeholders are at the centre of decisions that shape healthcare services, from planning to delivery.
As a commissioner, it’s really important we listen to local people to find out what services residents need and to ensure their needs are met, and to ensure that we have a true understanding of what people feel is important. Our aim is to be clear, focused and involve residents, patients, carers, member GP practices, staff, the voluntary sector and partner organisations in our communications and engagement.
Achieving our aim will be influenced by how well we engage, listen and act on the feedback from our whole community.
Our Research, Engagement and Involvement Spectrum
There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to involving people meaningfully. We have developed a range of different approaches to engaging and involving citizens, patients and carers in our planning and decision-making as illustrated in the diagram below.
Read more about overall strategy for understanding, engaging and involving our population in the Surrey Heartlands Communications and Engagement Strategy.
How you can get involved
There are plenty of opportunities for you to influence local healthcare services – whether that’s through surveys, joining the Citizen’s Panel, or by directly supporting one of our Stakeholder Reference Groups – to make sure patients are at the heart of what we do.
- Join the online residents’ panel for Surrey Heartlands - WWW.M3GR.IO/MSXLFG (case sensitive)
- Join your local GP practice Patient Participation Group
- Join a local hospital or ambulance trust.
- Social media – follow us on Twitter and Facebook and join the conversation to hear about the latest events, surveys and meetings.
- Attend events and complete surveys: find out more here
- Submit questions to our Governing Body who meet in public (find out more here).
- Complete Friends and Family Test surveys when asked by our NHS service providers.
New Patient and Public Partner roles available - April 2022
We are actively seeking Patient and Citizen Partners to work with us to co-design services.
If you feel you can stand for the views of people who are using or may use a healthcare service, you could fit the role. You might be a carer to someone, a friend or family member or a patient yourself. Find out more.
Get in touch with us
If there’s something you think would improve health in Surrey Heartlands, we’d love to hear it. Send your comments and ideas to:
- Address: Engagement Team, NHS Surrey Heartlands CCG, Cedar Court, Guildford Road, Leatherhead, KT22 9AE
- Phone: 0300 561 1555
- Text: 07917 087 560
Receive regular updates
You can subscribe to the Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership’s Monthly Newsletter which provides health and wellness updates from across Surrey, and gives information on all of the opportunities for public involvement on local health services.